- Best Budget: Uniden Atlantis 155.
- Sleek & Complete: ICOM 94D with AIS.
- Great UX plus GPS: Standard Horizon HX890.
- Top Fixed Unit: ICOM M330G 31.
- Good Instrument Integration: ICOM IC-M506 21.
Do I need a separate antenna for AIS?
To transmit AIS you will need a dedicated AIS antenna. If not possible to have a dedicated AIS antenna, and you only have one antenna on the boat, make sure it’s a VHF antenna because that’s the primary form of communication.
Does Simrad have AIS?
Stay connected and navigate safely with the Simrad RS100-B VHF marine radio – integrated with a Class-B AIS transceiver and GPS, for complete visibility of and by other AIS-equipped vessels.
What is AIS on a VHF radio?
The Automatic Identification System is a digital VHF radio-based transponder system that can prevent collisions, and can protect your boat from being run down by a huge, fast moving ship. It’s like digital radar with precise position information.